Last updated: 25th May 2018
Unless stated otherwise, Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd is the data controller in respect of all personal data collected on emails, postal communications and forms or on the Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites, which means that, we are responsible for ensuring that we do so in full compliance with data protection and all other related privacy laws.
Links to other Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites and downloadable documents are provided for your convenience and are covered by the same privacy and security policies as this site.
Please note: Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites may contain links to other websites that are not controlled by us; these links are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for our own privacy practices and the security of Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you may visit.
We normally only send newsletters and emails to those over 18 years. If you are under 18, you will either need to ask your parent or guardian before contacting us on any Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd website and will need the permission of your parent or guardian before any contact can be made. We will require your parent or guardian to confirm that they have given permission. We will ask for their contact details so that we can check that they have done so and may carry out checks to confirm that the details you have given us are correct.
THE INFORMATION That WE COLLECT
In order to provide the goods or services you request, we will obtain details including:
- Contact details of those registering for services, placing orders or making other requests, and where you do any of these things on behalf of another person we may require their contact details also.
- Your alias, being the identity you choose to use when using our blogs and forums.
- Date of birth for example, where the service you require may have age related restrictions or for verification purposes.
- Transaction information, for example: details of any goods or services you have purchased from us including dates of the purchase and products ordered.
- Supporting information, such as other information that is relevant to the goods or services you request.
- Details of the particular support information needed will normally be shown on the particular Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd website for the goods or service you require.
- Feedback and other such responses we receive from you and others.
In most cases we will obtain information directly from you (or from someone who requests goods or services for you on your behalf) or the device you use to communicate with us. The information will be obtained through Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications (including blogs and perhaps social media interactions) and from records of the goods and services provided to you.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you (such as items you have purchased, newsletters you may have subscribed to and details from other Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd services you use or have used).
Where we obtain information
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.
In order to understand how users use Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites and our services, we may collect your Internet Protocol addresses (also known as IP addresses). Your IP address is a unique address that computer devices (such as PCs, tablets and smartphones) use to identify themselves and in order to communicate with other devices in the network.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites on each visit.
The particular cookies we use will depend on which Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd website you are accessing and the service you use. The cookies that we use are to improve your web browsing experience on our websites.
The cookies that we use
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. With experience, you can usually choose to switch off all cookies or to allow only certain ‘trusted’ sites to place cookies.
For further information on cookies and Flash cookies and how to switch them off see the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk or visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org.
PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO TURN COOKIES OFF, THIS WILL LIMIT THE SERVICE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE TO YOU AND MAY AFFECT YOUR USER EXPERIENCE.
We will primarily use the personal information:
- To provide the goods and services you request from us (including helping you with any specific needs you or others in your group may have)
- HMRC compliance. to comply with legal obligations in relation to tax, VAT or other duties.
- To communicate with you in the event that any goods or services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your requests.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the goods and services we offer.
- To track and analyse activity on Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites and to understand the interests and views of users and customers.
- To create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide newsletters and details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them.
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- For administration and service delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us.
- HMRC compliance. that it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- For direct marketing: where you have given your consent.
Consent and lawful processing of personal data
Any payment card information that you may provide will only be available to the payment provider. This will not be available to Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd.
NEWSLETTERS and OFFERS
Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd would like to contact you and/or any person whose information you provide to us to invite you to view other products and services (where you have agreed to us sending such), to provide newsletters and to tell you and/or them about offers that are available and about a range of other opportunities in a number of ways, including by post, SMS, email or, for relevant services, push notification, personalised on-screen messages and social media. Details of how to opt-in to or opt-out of receiving newsletters and details of offers are on relevant pages of the Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites, in relevant forms you complete and/or in the electronic message you receive.
You and any other person whose information you have provided to us can change your/their mind about whether you wish to receive details of offers and opportunities at any time by using any of the methods shown below (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below) or by following the instructions with each offer you/they receive.
Subscribe / Unsubscribe
We take the security of personal information seriously. We employ security technology, including firewalls, and Secure Socket Layers to safeguard information and have procedures in place to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of the services we provide to you.
We keep records as follows:
- If you are a new user and have looked at our website but, within 3 months, have not registered for any services, purchased anything or otherwise interacted with us – we will delete all of our records about your use of the site after 3 months.
- If you make any comments on any blogs or forums we will normally retain these comments (along with your alias and associated email address) indefinitely as an historical record.
- If you have purchased products or services from us and are based in an EU member state we will keep records of the transaction(s) for 10 years to comply with legal requirements.
- If you have purchased products or services from us and are not based in an EU member state we will keep records of the transaction(s) for 10 years.
- In all other cases, we will normally keep your personal data for two years after our last interaction with you (including your last use of our website). If, after this point, you have not taken up any further services, we will keep only minimal personal data about goods or services you have had from us and when.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE:
We will ensure Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd websites have our most up to date policy and suggest that you revisit our privacy pages periodically to review our latest version. Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies. If we want to make any significant changes in how we will use your personal data we will contact you directly and, if required, seek your consent.
UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us. You may update or correct your personal information online in relevant membership areas or by contacting us in writing or by email (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
The right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal data you provide to us. We will require proof of identity and proof of authority if the request comes from someone other than the person whose data we are asked to provide. This will ensure we only provide information to the correct person. We normally expect to respond to requests within 28 days of receiving them.You have a number of legal rights in respect of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent to direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time and can update your preferences yourself or ask us to do it for you. See section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details.
- Withdraw consent to other processing. Where the only legal basis for our processing your personal data is that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time and we will have to stop processing your personal data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
- If you consider any of your personal data is inaccurate, you can correct it yourself or ask us to do it for you (see section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details).
- In limited circumstances you may be able to require us to restrict our processing of your personal data. For example, if you consider what we hold is inaccurate and we disagree, the processing may be restricted until the accuracy has been verified.
- In some circumstances, for example, where we have no legal basis for retaining your personal data, you may be entitled to require us to delete your personal data.
- Where you have provided personal data electronically to us, you may be entitled to request us to provide that data to you or to have us transmit it to another organisation.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Dept.
Cephos Electronic Circuits Ltd
Kent BR8 8AH